This week in class, we did lots of small presentations to different groups and had them record us. This was a bit difficult because at this point, we had not prepared a script and we were pretty much making it up as we went. We did have a slide, but the slides did not truly represent what we had to say. From our presentations, I think we recognized that Varsha and I were the best speakers; and the part of our presentations that was lacking was our got to market strategy and the coherence of what our patent is and why its important.
The Patent
We struggled to throughly explain our patent in a way that was understandable to a large, non-science based audience; and in addition we struggled to make our patent seem exciting and impactful. We are having Nitin present that patent, and I am using my background in writing to help improve his audience engagement.
Hi Nicholas,
ReplyDeleteI had to hunt for your link (it was only set to week 9) but found it and see that you're on it.
Rehearse to the point where everyone is comfortable. It doesn't feel forced. You're proud of what you've done. If there are any rough spots - such as financials or go-to-market - then fill in the gaps.
Give it to a few of your friends. Have each member of the team try it out individually.
It's a bit of theater but I'm confident you'll do a good job.
RR