Monday, January 23, 2017

Introductions and Insights for this Course

Hey there! I'm Nicholas, but I go by Nick, an aspiring UI/UX Designer who is currently pursuing degrees in Molecular and Cellular Biology and Media Studies.  From a young age, I was always interested in creating things, from small meaningless sketches to Lego empires.  In high school I fell in love with biology.  I loved learning about the ins and outs of the Earth's creations and how they interact with each other.  I was never exposed to other interests until the second semester of the sophomore year.  I began dabbling in design and felt as though it was something I could do for the rest of my life.

Ideally, I would love to be apart of a tech company as a UI/UX design intern this summer and eventually secure a a job in the same field after graduation.  As for my final project I would love to have a company that can expose young children to the joys of technology.  Although its been done before, and seems cliche, I feel that this cause is something that will be beneficial for the future generations and want to make sure I can put my stamp on it.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nick, I found your blog really cool! I think it would be really interesting to incorporate technology into something for kids in a unique way.
    PS I also really appreciate the name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick! Your interests are really diverse. I think STEM education could be improved a lot in elementary schools, so I like what you're doing. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nick, nice blog title! I thought it was interesting how you were set on biology until your sophomore year, and then did a complete 180. That's really cool that you found something you liked so much, it could change your whole life direction. Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I agree with you and this is not cliché. Having a company teaching children how to code for example is what many world renowned philanthropists recommend today, as most of the work already done and the continuation of it depend on how talented our next generation will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nick! I too am interested in acquiring a job in UI/UX post graduation. I'm fascinated by how you entered the world of design, and am curious to learn more, as it is so different from my story. It's amazing how something so different can trigger an entirely different passion. Good luck and keep working hard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nick,
    I think the idea on starting a company exposing children to the joys of technology is one that is very valuable. This is especially so where it is so important to manage the intricate balance of making the most of technology but mitigating its potential negative impacts.

    ReplyDelete